Your Subtitle text
Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class:

You must meet the following minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

  • wish to live outside the province of Quebec
  • be either:
    • a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
    • a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study permits
  • apply within one year of leaving your job in Canada or while working in Canada

As per the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

  • Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)

Your application will be assessed as follows if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:

  • your work experience and
  • your ability in English or French.

As a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, your application will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as:

  • your education.